District Mission Statement
The Mission of Polk County Public Schools is to ensure rigorous, relevant learning experiences for our students that result in high achievement.
HCHS Mission Statement
The mission of Haines City High School is to provide a high-quality education by forging strong communal relationships, achieving academic proficiency, and reinforcing positive behavior. Through these provisions, Haines City High School creates Hornet Nation, which is a sense of pride; a feeling of comfort and confidence; a common ground; and a connection felt between students, faculty, parents, and community members.
HCHS Vision Statement
The vision of Haines City High School is for all students to serve as productive and responsible citizens and be prepared to enter the work force, the military, or a post-secondary institution upon graduation.
- Student learning is the chief priority of the school and students’ needs should be the primary focus of all school based decisions.
- In a changing world, learning is a lifelong process shared by students, teachers, administrators, parents, and the community.
- Curriculum, instruction, and assessment should incorporate a variety of learning activities to meet the needs of different types of learners.
- Students need to demonstrate essential knowledge through application, problem solving, and production of quality work.
- Any learning changes a person forever.
- The character of a community is defined by how it treats its most vulnerable members.
Student Learner Outcomes
All students who graduate from Haines City High School will know and be able to do the following at a level that enables them to pursue their individual goals beyond high school:
- Students will demonstrate literacy, numeracy, research, and communication skills necessary for lifelong learning.
- Students will show respect for others and take personal responsibility for exhibiting a positive work ethic.
- Students will be able to apply knowledge, understanding and problem solving skills in both individual and collaborative settings.
- Students will use technological skills for learning and producing professional results.
Thru the years of golden moments
Hail Haines City High School