Respondus LockDown Browser
If you are are using a computer provided by Haines City High School, please complete the steps listed below.
- Bring the school issued laptop to the parking lot in front of the admin building and login with your student account. Make sure the laptop is connected to the network and has internet access. The closer you are to the building and the front office windows in particular, the better the connectivity will be and the operation will complete faster.
- Wait 10 minutes. Do not use the computer for anything during this time period.
- Restart the Computer. It is very important that “Restart” be selected from the power button in the Start Menu. The Shutdown and Sleep functions will be insufficient.
- When the computer has finished restarting, login again and wait for the icon named “LockDown Browser 2 Lab” to appear on the desktop. The icon image will look like the padlock shown below. This process will take less than 5 minutes in most circumstances.
- Restart your computer one final time.
- The installation of the Respondus LockDown Browser should now be complete. Please contact our Help Desk at 863-421-3281, Option 6 if you need additional assistance.