Scholarship Search Engines and Scholarship Programs
- Scholly – A mobile app that provides students with a fast and simple way to find scholarships for college. (Created by Christopher Gray, a Coca-Cola Scholar!)
- Fastweb – Create a profile and let fastweb do the research on scholarships, internships colleges and more for you.
- Common Knowledge Scholarship Foundation – Educational and scholarship opportunities for students of all levels.
- Cappex – A free website where you can learn which colleges want you, before you apply and learn about more than $11 billion in merit aid scholarships.
- Scholarships.com– A free college scholarship search and financial aid information.
- Scholarship America – Provides information and resources for your scholarship search.
- HS Finder (Hispanic Scholarship Fund) – Scholarship information for Latino students.
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund – Provides scholarships, programmatic and capacity building support to the 47 public Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund – The nation’s largest non-profit organization devoted to providing college scholarships for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI).
- American Indian College Fund – Provides Native American students with scholarships and financial support for the nation’s 33 accredited tribal colleges and universities.
- Dell Scholars Program – Recognizes academic potential and determination in students that have a definite need for financial assistance.
SCHOLARSHIP ALERT: Centennial Bank Stonegate Charitable Foundation Scholarship
6 Available Scholarships for Polk County – Apply by April 20th
- Centennial Bank has available scholarships for Seniors in the Central Florida area
- Application deadline is April 20th
- Scholarships offered
- 18 @ $1000 scholarships available for the Central Florida area
- 6 @ $1,000: Polk, Pasco, Hernando, Pinellas, Orange, Seminole and Osceola
- 6 @ $1,000: Hillsborough County
- 6 @ $1000; Sarasota County
- Website: https://centennialbankscholarship.awardspring.com/
- Once a student clicks on the link, the site indicates Stone Gate Bank
Qualifications- Updated 4.9.2018
- Minimum 3.0 Unweighted Academic grade point average
- Must be qualified for free or reduced lunch and must show corresponding documentation
- Polk County High Schools participate in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP). The attached list may be submitted for documentation per Centennial Bank http://www.polk-fl.net/parents/generalinformation/nutrition.htm
- Administration or Counselor general verification letter may also be accepted
Criteria/Requirement: Need based. Application must include transcripts, recommendations, financial info and essay. Must maintain 3.0 in college for scholarship renewal.
Applications are available outside of Mrs. Spencer’s office
Club Hispano de Lakeland will award 6 $1,500 scholarships to students enrolling to Polk State. Applications must be post marked by 4/13/18. Please stop by Guidance and pick up an info form from Mrs. Spencer!
Do you need money for college?
Win a $20,000.00
Deadline is Feb 28!
Seniors interested in studying at Polk State College in the fall – The Foundation Scholarship window is open February 1 – March 15, 2018 for the 2018-19 academic year. Students may apply at the following web address: http://foundation.polk.edu/scholarships/.
- Polk State College Foundation Scholarships With a handful of exceptions, most scholarships offered through the Polk State College Foundation can be applied for using one application. The application, accessible at http://foundation.polk.edu/scholarships/, is open now through March 15, 2018. This is currently our only application period each year for scholarships, so we encourage any high school senior who might attend Polk State College in the fall to complete the application in order to see which scholarships s/he may qualify for.
- Public Service Scholarship Ambassadors (PSSA) Scholarships One of those few exceptions is the PSSA Scholarship. This scholarship is one of the most prestigious and competitive that the College offers. It is also one of the most valuable scholarships at Polk State College, as it pays for a full 60 credit hours (e.g. an Associate in Arts degree). Students apply for this scholarship in the spring of their junior year and then they are ambassadors beginning their senior year of high school. For consideration, students must submit the attached PSSA Scholarship application and all of the other requested items in the application packet no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 15, 2018.
Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants are pleased to be able to continue with their scholarship program for the 11th year.
- Awarding up to $1,000 to the winner(s) each year.
- Scholarship Deadline – June 14, 2018.
- Application Process
- Students will submit an essay on the topic that appears on the scholarship page of the web site: http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm
- Full details are available on the site.
High school seniors are encouraged to apply for one of the ten $1,000 scholarships awarded this year!
For more information and to access the online application, please visit http://www.sacac.org/extend-the-dream-scholarships.
The deadline to apply is Sunday, April 15, 2018 and winners will be chosen by mid-May
Last year we had a local winner from Haines City High School IB, Misael Ortiz! This year it could be YOUR student.
The consulting firm of AES Engineers is committed to continuing its support of higher education by providing scholarships to deserving students. This award is available to all students, regardless of their field of study.
To be eligible the student needs to answer one of the essay questions that they will find on our site at http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm
We are offering a scholarship that will be awarded on the basis of character, as determined by evaluating the essays that are submitted.
Amount of award: $500.00
Deadline for entry: October 6, 2018
Further information, including previous winners, is available on our web site at: http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm
Hi Haines City Senior High School Team! As a member of the team that helped launch the Redfin scholarship, I am excited to spread the word to your students. Redfin is very passionate about helping students achieve higher education. Our team in Seattle takes great care to read every single essay and application we receive. The $2,500 biannual scholarship is open to high school seniors and current college students. We will accept submissions from November 1st through January 31st! You can find all the information related to the scholarship on the link below.
Redfin Scholarship: https://www.redfin.com/resources/scholarship
Burger King Foundation Scholarship
Deadline: December 15th
*REMINDER: Students will have to electronically upload their transcript to their account before submitting the scholarship.
If they do not they will have to mail the transcript in separately or their application will be incomplete
The 2018 Jack kent cook
COLLEGE Scholarship APPLICATION is open!
The deadline for all application materials is November 14, 2017 at noon ET.
Our scholarship is available to high school seniors and current college students nationwide who plan on attending, or are currently attending, an accredited 4-year college/university or 2-year accredited community college in the Fall of 2018. Applicants must be pursuing a legal, medical, or business-related degree. Special consideration will be given to members of a family that have recently been injured in a car accident.
- Funds will be sent directly to the college you plan on attending
- Scholarship is a one-time award of $2,000
- Applications are due no later than 11:59pm EDT on May 31st, 2018
- We’ll announce a winner in July 2018
- Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- You must be a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the United States.
- You must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- You or someone in your immediate family was involved in a personal injury accident.
- Scholarship is available for high school seniors and current college students nationwide.
- Must be attending an accredited 4-year college/university or a 2-year community college for Fall 2018.
- A current transcript MUST be submitted for consideration.
- A 500-word minimum essay explaining your future study and career plans and how your life experiences have influenced your goals. Special consideration will be given to members of a family that have recently been injured in a car accident.
- Although not required, applicants are encouraged to submit recommendation letters and/or resumes to substantiate their application for consideration.
- Scholarship due May 31, 2018.
- INCOMPLETE/LATE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!
- All applicants must meet the following criteria:
The Mercer University School of Engineering is pleased to once again invite seniors from your school to apply for our annual Scholarship Challenge at our Macon, Georgia campus on Saturday, November 11, 2017. We plan to award valuable scholarships this fall to high school seniors who are interested in Mercer’s engineering, industrial management and technical communications program. More information about Mercer Engineering is available at http://engineering.mercer.edu/.
If you no longer work with seniors at this school please share this email with friends or colleagues that do help students with their college plans.
The Scholarship Challenge is a day where we meet with these students to show them our campus, our labs and technology, and give them an opportunity to meet with our faculty and students. We use a design problem or a test of math skills to help us make scholarship recommendations. Your students do not need to have applied to Mercer – this event is open to any high school senior! We value your insights as you think about your students with strong academic potential coupled with a flair for creative problem solving and teamwork.
The process is very simple:
1. Invite students to go to our web site and apply for the November 11 event. The address to the student application is http://engineering.mercer.edu/scholarship .
2. Students fill in a short web form with their contact information and some background on their academic interests. We ask applicants to share with us a teacher or counselor name and email address so please give them a contact person and email that they can use. This way we can keep in touch with you.
We will take it from there and contact students with details about our event and scholarship opportunities. We would appreciate having students’ applications by October 30th. We expect to offer our scholarships before Christmas so that seniors can make their college plans early. We have learned how important it is work with counselors and teachers like you and we value your assistance.
The Saturday event on November 11th will include:
• Welcome breakfast and registration;
• The scholarship challenge (a math and language test or a media design problem for Technical Communication) in the morning — no calculus background is required;
• A parents’ program occurs in parallel with the scholarship challenge test which provides information about the admissions and financial aid processes;
• Engineering laboratory tours are hosted by our faculty and students;
• Lunch, afternoon campus tours and social time to talk with other participants, faculty and admissions counselors
Feel free to contact our event coordinator, Dr. Scott Schultz at (478) 301-2840 or via email to Schultz_sr@mercer.edu with questions you might have.
We are proud to be able to offer this opportunity to you and your students. Thank you for helping us get the word out to your graduating seniors!
Dr. Wade H. Shaw, P.E.
Professor of Engineering
Deadline October 20th – open to all students not just minority males
As a mandated element of the Annual International Achievement Week Observance November 15 – 21, 2017
Awards: Four College Scholarships
1st Scholarship: $5,000; 2nd Scholarship: $3,000; 3rd Scholarship: $2,000; 4th Scholarship: $1,000
Eligibility: The Contest is open to all college-bound, high school seniors who submit an essay application through a Chapter of the Fraternity Contest Closes: October 20, 2017
- Requirements: High School Senior pursing higher education.
- Website: http://www.coca-colascholarsfoundation.org/apply/
- Requirements: GPA: 3.0+; Participate in at least one of the 47 sports recognized sponsored by your school : Archery, Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Bobsleigh, Bowling, Boxing, Canoeing/Rowing, Cross Country, Curling, Cycling, Diving, Equestrian (Dressage/Eventing/Jumping), Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Handball, Ice Hockey, Ice Skating (Figure or Speed), Judo, Karate, Lacrosse, Luge, Rugby, Sailing, Shooting, Skateboarding, Skiing (Alpine, Biathlon, Cross Country, Free-Style, Jumping), Snowboard, Soccer, Softball, Spirit/Cheerleading, Sports Climbing, Surfing, Swimming (or Synchronized), Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Tennis, Track & Field, Trampoline, Triathlon, Volleyball (or Beach), Water Polo, Weightlifting, and Wrestling. From https://www.wendyshighschoolheisman.com/application/are-you-eligible/
- Website: https://www.wendyshighschoolheisman.com/
- To apply, students must be:
- Website: https://www.thegatesscholarship.org/
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national or permanent resident
- A minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
- List of themed scholarships to jump start the scholarship search
- Counselors & Students encouraged to create a FastWeb account to receive constant updates
- List of available scholarships to jump start the scholarship search
- Counselors & Students encouraged to create a FastWeb account to receive constant updates
- The Project Weather Scholarship Contest is a one-time award of $1,000 presented to seven high school seniors who excel in science. The scholarship is granted as a part of Bay News 9’s commitment to educating children about science and weather.
- Website: http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/community/project-weather.html
- Contest is open to all 4th through 12th grade students in the state of Florida. Three winners will be selected: one elementary (4-5) student, one middle (6-8) student, and one high school (9-12) student.
- Awards: Winners will receive a 4-Year Florida College Plan scholarship provided by Florida Prepaid College Foundation. Winners will receive awards at Governor Rick Scott and First Lady Ann Scott’s Hispanic Heritage Month celebration to be held in Tallahassee. Reasonable travel and lodging expenses will be paid for the winners and one immediate family member. Winners will be notified after September 19, 2017.
- Website: http://www.floridahispanicheritage.com/student-contests/Essay
AES Scholarship Deadline 1 Month Away – October 6th
Purpose of Scholarships
AES Engineering is pleased to be able to continue offering scholarships to motivated students to help in the furthering of their education.
Our belief is that achieving a high grade point average should not be the only criteria for determining who deserves to be helped. For that reason we are offering a scholarship that will be awarded on the basis of character, as determined by an evaluation of the essays that are submitted.
Scholarships are intended for our future leaders across a wide spectrum of fields of study. This award is available to high school seniors and all students attending a post secondary educational facility.
You are not required to be taking Engineering courses to be eligible.
How to Apply
Students must submit an essay of between 500 and 1000 words in answer to the following question:
When you look back on your life in 30 years, what would it take for you to consider your life successful? What relationships or accomplishments will be important on this journey?
Amount of award: $500.00 Deadline for entry: October 6, 2017
Submit essay to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no application packet for this award. Please do not include your resume at this time.
Be sure to include your full name as well as the name of the school you are attending this year and your plans for next year.
AES Scholarship Deadline Is Approaching
The deadline for the 12th annual AES Scholarship is October 6, 2017.
Visit our website at http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm and please encourage your students to apply. We wish them all good luck!
The winner(s) will be announced within 2 weeks of the deadline.
Each winner will be personally notified by email.