Pick up when picking up graduation tickets (Date TBA).
Electronic: Available to view in FOCUS under “My Information” — “Final Grades & GPA”.
Hard Copy: Students/parents can call the HCHS office (863-421-3281) and schedule a time for pick up beginning June 3rd.
Front office will print these as needed.
Haines City High School Class of 2020 Makes History With 1st African-American Valedictorian, Salutatorian
Haines City High School’s Summer Learning will be conducted virtually via Edgenuity from June 3rd-June 30th. You can earn credit in a course(s) you previously failed. Please complete the registration form and submit it via email to your student’s school counselor by 3:30pm and May 25th or as soon as possible, as seats are limited. Although summer learning is optional, it is highly recommended for you to take a course if you failed it.
The following courses will be available:
English 1, 2, & 3
Algebra 1, 1A, 1B, & 2
Liberal Arts Math 2
Math and College Readiness
Earth & Space Science
If you have any questions, please contact your counselor.
Our school’s Title I team needs feedback from parents and community members about our Family Engagement events to help us plan for next year’s events.
If you need to clear out your locker or pickup personal items from school, please complete the form below.
(must be logged in to Google Apps).
If you have community service hours (CSH) that have not been turned in please email Mr. Summeralls (email@example.com) as soon as possible. We want to make sure these hours are posted ASAP so seniors can receive their graduation regalia. Additionally, feel free to email Mr. Summeralls if you have questions and/or concerns regarding CSHs and CSH opportunities.
Here we are, at the beginning of the Distant Learning Process. It can bring overwhelming thoughts, and whenever one is facing these types of thoughts, uncertainty, uncharted waters, this is what I recommend: first, the most important step: finding inner peace in the midst of the storm. Things, events, barriers will always be there, one ends and another will begin, over and over again; it is important to remain calm in order to take control of the situation. Secondly, you need to simplify the situation by putting a game plan together to ensure a successful outcome.
Please take time to explore the Haines City HS Distant Learning and Communication site and understand where to find all of the needed resources. This site will provide you access to digital materials and instructional activities your teachers will put together, in order to support distance learning for the time being. If you are unsure of a specific process, expectation or require technology assistance, remember there is a support system in place for you. We have assembled a group of amazing people, who are available to answer any questions, and provide you with all necessary support; please refer to the school website for the support link.
Remember that you are not alone; I along with your teachers and the administrating team will be with you every step of the way, throughout this new process. Please reach out to any of us for assistance, questions or concerns.
May you and your family be safe!
Welcome Back! As we prepare to return to instruction for the last nine weeks of the 2019-20 school year under a distance learning format, we would like to share some of the details of the process.
- Students will be contacted by each of their teachers sometime between Monday-Thursday morning using the student mypolkschools.net email address.
- Students should check their FOCUS student portal for an updated assignment labeled “Contact Me” for initial communication and directions from teachers as well.
- Instruction for high school courses for students will begin on Thursday, April 2.
- Distribution of school board computers to students who completed the survey indicating a need for a computer will occur by appointment only. Students will receive an email directing them to complete an appointment request for distribution.
- Any student who needs access to a HCHS laptop please fill out the request Laptop Request Form and an appointment time for pick up will be emailed directly to them through their school email account.
- Technical support for parents and students not concerning laptop pick up can be requested here: Parent/Student Support Link
- Continue to check our Facebook, Instagram for seniors, and website for updated information as things are changing rapidly.
Please remember that HCHS physical school campuses are not open to the public but staff is available to assist through email or by phone from 8:30am-1:30pm Monday-Friday.
Thank you for your patience and support.
The HCHS Administration
Distance Learning – A Message from Superintendent Jacqueline Byrd
Answering Your Distance Learning Questions
Sign up for FREE after school tutoring!
Tutoring Permission Slip
The Parent Portal is a service offered to parents and guardians for accessing certain student records. The service allows parents and guardians to access information about ALL of their students through one convenient website. This eliminates the need to visit several different websites, make telephone calls or visit the school to access records and information.