July 23, 2014
Dear Students and Parents/Guardians:
We welcome our students for the 2014-15 school year. Enclosed you will find a copy of our new dress code, the new seven period day bell schedule, as well as orientation and registration information for students. Please note the theme of the new dress code, “Are you covered?” Students should arrive to HCHS each day dressed for success and ready to learn. Our new daily schedule notes our new start time of 7 a.m. and end of the day release time of 2:00 p.m. These hours will be standard across the district for all high schools. Students will have seven class periods every day.
Listed below are some important dates and information:
- Thursday, August 14, 9-11a.m. and 4-6p.m., Orientation for ALL students in the Cafeteria. TENTATIVE schedules will be provided as well as general school information. There will be no student registration during orientation hours.
- Monday, August 18, 7:00 a.m. – First Day of School – All Students will pick up their schedules from first period teacher. First period teachers will be posted by student last name and grade in the courtyard near the bus loop, before school. Orientation schedules will not be accepted as admits to class. IB students will follow the same procedures.
- Monday, August 18th – All paperwork for parent/guardian signatures comes home. Please sign all forms and return them to the student’s first period teacher by August 22nd.
- Schedule Change Forms – If students would like to request schedule changes, they may ask for forms from first period teachers. They should fill out the forms completely including parent signatures and then drop them at the Guidance office in the front main office. Counselors will address each request starting with senior requests first. Please keep in mind we are required by the state to place all students in some courses based on FCAT achievement levels.
- Students who have made an address change since last school year must register before the first day of school. Parents must complete an Enrollment Form & provide 2 Proofs of Residency. Our school office is open from 8a.m. to 5p.m., Monday-Thursday this summer. We suggest this is done as soon as possible to avoid the rush! Please see Mrs. Ortiz our Registrar.
- Free/Reduced lunch forms must be completed at the start of each year.
The link can be accessed through the Polk Schools Nutrition website at http://www.polk- fl.net/parents/generalinformation/nutrition.htm after August 1st. We encourage ALL parents to complete this form even if the family may not qualify for assistance as this correlates to HCHS/IB Title One funding.
- Please wait to purchase supply items for classes until after the first days of school in order to know what specific supplies teachers require for their classes. Paper along with pencils/pens will be sufficient to begin the school year.
Our goal is to create a safe learning environment so that students may pursue their interests, meet all state graduation requirements, and learn to make good choices as they complete their high school years. We are looking forward to this school year and will strive to meet the needs of our students. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at email@example.com at any time or call 421-3281.
Patricia Butler, Principal
Dear Parents and Students,
July 15, 2014
Welcome to Haines City High School. Please see our dress code below. Suggested clothing choices are polos, oxfords, or crew neck T- shirts worn with jeans or khakis. Tennis shoes, loafers, or sandals with back straps are fine choices for footwear.
Have a great year!
Mrs. Butler, Principal HCHS/IB
Summer End-of-Course (EOC) Assessment Testing Info
Invitation to Register
Free Summer Math Online Program for Students
For grades 1-8, Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2
To access this free resource for your child:
- Go to www.tenmarks.com
- Click on "Parents-Sign Up"
- Enter your information with S14P3351 as the "Access Code From Your School" code.
- Complete the general grade information for your child and he/she will be given access to the grade specific math material.
Free Online Math Resource 1st grade - Algebra II
Click here for more information!
Attention Parents! Regional Parent Resource Centers See link Below
Save the Date!
Changes to High School Lunch Menus
Please review this PDF on the changes made to the High School Lunch Menu